SUBMIT TODAY for our first annual Climate Fools Contest
Error: Contact form not found.[/column]
[column size=”two-third” last=”true”]
Welcome to the first annual Climate Fools Contest, brought to you by The Energy Mix. This is your moment to come up with the most absurd story you’ve seen on climate change and energy, spoof it, and get some well-deserved props for your humour writing.
Many of us spend a lot of our time following the bad news about climate change and the great news about the low-carbon transition. It’s serious stuff…which means that fake news sites like The Onion and The Beaverton and comedians like Andy Borowitz and Jon Stewart get to have all the fun.
But they’re not the only ones with a sense of humour.
On April Fool’s Day April 1, we’re going to correct the balance. The three best spoof pieces we receive will lead the regular news coverage in the Energy Mix e-digest. They’ll get top billing on our social media channels. And the top dozen will be added to our permanent content archive.
So think about what has irked you, astonished you, or made you want to laugh or cry about climate change and energy. Give it the craziest angle you can think of. Check out our contest rules. Then fill out our convenient online submission form. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Contestants must be subscribers to The Energy Mix’s free e-digest. (Photo: LoveToTakePhotos / Pixabay)
First Annual Climate Fools Contest
Even a humour contest has to have serious rules. Well, at least a few. Here are ours.
- The contest is open to any subscriber to The Energy Mix. Subscriptions are free, you can unsubscribe whenever you want, and we never sell, rent, or share our list.
- All entries must be received no later than Monday, March 30 at midnight ET.
- All text becomes the property of Smarter Shift, publisher of The Energy Mix, as soon as it is submitted.
- The contest is purely voluntary. Contestants receive no remuneration for their submissions, nor will The Energy Mix charge any fee for participating.
- Winning entries will be selected at The Energy Mix’s sole discretion.
- By submitting text, you agree that The Energy Mix may publish your entry in its e-digest, post the entry on its permanent archive, cite the material in media releases or follow-on reporting, or all of the above.
- You can withdraw an entry up to the submission deadline, but no later.
- Sorry, we can’t return entries after we receive them.