The Energy Mix is celebrating Earth Day by unveiling a new section on community climate finance and a content partnership with Rockerbox News, a UK-based news literacy organization that produces “levelled” content for middle school students, parents, and teachers.
It’s the next step in our mission to deliver the climate news you need, with a mix of breaking stories, opinion, and analysis to help you make sense of the climate emergency and decide what to do about it. (And then, what to do next.)
- Concise headlines. Original content. Timely news and views from a select group of opinion leaders. Special extras.
- Everything you need, nothing you don’t.
- The Weekender: The climate news you need.
Over the last few months, we’ve been working with the concept of opinion leader journalism, an approach to not only gathering climate news, but placing it where it will produce the best results. While climate action and climate solutions belong to everyone, we’ve known for years that some audiences and communities can have a disproportionate impact in delivering faster, deeper cuts. So alongside our regular news site and e-digest, we’ve been organizing a series of specialized content pages and partnerships, beginning with the two that we’re announcing today:
• Our Community Climate Finance page, developed with support from Vancity Community Investment Bank, recognizes that a rapid shift off carbon won’t happen without funding—and it won’t all come from big institutions. We want this new section of our news site to be the place where small and medium investors, communities, local cleantech, practical innovation, and energy democracy join hands.
• We’re excited to be working with Rockerbox News to help teachers, parents, and young learners boost their climate literacy. The Rockerbox team has already begun “levelling” selected stories from The Mix to make them age- and level-appropriate for young students of different ages. We’ll also be making top content from our site available to parents and teachers in the Rockerbox News network.
If you’ve been following our site, you know we’ve also introduced a series of design changes to make it easier to find the specific content you’re looking for. That work will continue in the weeks ahead. We know that the climate emergency touches everyone and everything—but that pretty much guarantees that different people will visit The Mix looking for different content at different times for different reasons. With a searchable archive of nearly 27,000 stories and headlines, we’ve probably got the material you have in mind! But it’s our job to keep getting better at helping you find what you need, when you need it.
If you’re meeting us for the first time today, or you haven’t subscribed yet, you can solve that with just a few clicks. We always welcome your comments on anything you see on the site or in our e-digest. And we’re grateful for every donation we receive to help us deliver the climate news you need.